News From Faith’s Lodge
Wow! A big thanks to all of you who came out to celebrate Hope Rocks at the Depot on Friday, Sept. 13! BoDeans rocked the house, but you rocked our world by making it a HUGE night for Faith’s Lodge. The event netted more than $150,000 and set a new standard for Hope Rocks. We are already planning for next year, so mark your calendar for Saturday, September 20, 2014 and watch for band news and new early bird ticket pricing in 2014 on our website, Facebook, and Twitter.
Thank you to the World’s Best Sponsors!
We are humbled by the generosity of our sponsors. They deserve a standing ovation!
Thank you to our wonderful volunteers at Hope Rocks 2013!
Your presence and rocker chic attire made it a night to remember and helped us surpassed our fundraising goal in style. This night would not have been possible without you!
The video we shared at the Hope Rocks dinner was amazing and inspiring. If you missed it, or want to see it again, you can check it out here. Thanks to the families that shared their stories and to Square One Films.
Everyone who attended Hope Rocks looked great and we have proof! Click on the image below to see all the pictures from the evening and download your favorite shots.
Natalie’s Nest: For many of you, the top floor at Faith’s Lodge is a place of quiet contemplation and peace. For the parents of Natalie, who passed away at the age of nine, it was the perfect memorial. Our friends at Karsyns Krusaders organized the naming of what is now Natalie’s Nest. Natalie’s family decorated the space this past summer to reflect Natalie’s love of horses and her wonderful spirit. We are proud to be part of Natalie’s legacy and invite you to enjoy the space with us.
Telling Stories with Pictures: No one can tell the story of the families Faith’s Lodge supports quite like Jim Bovin, an amazing photojournalist and friend of Faith’s Lodge. Jim spent three weekends at Faith’s Lodge this summer, capturing the stories of families connecting through hope and healing. His images not only captured the families, but also tell the story of who we are and what we do here. If a picture is worth a thousand words, Jim’s pictures are worth a million. Click here, or on the image below, to check them out. Thanks Jim!
We love all of our volunteers — everyone who makes a meal, washes a window, plants a tree, or hangs a birdhouse. Here are a couple stories that made our hearts sing.
Our friends at Carondolet:
The Lacek girls and their classmates love Faith’s Lodge. They rallied to gather 53 bags of pantry items in a recent food drive. If we were bears, we’d be set to hibernate for the winter. But, since we are open year-round, our guests will enjoy the generously donated food. Thanks Carondolet!
Thanks to Annette Kramer in Missouri, many of our guests go home with a hand-made quilt to bring them comfort and peace. Annette has sent so many beautiful quilts over the years and we thank her for the latest batch. Our guests are often brought to tears when they realize they can take this piece of their Faith’s Lodge stay home with them. Thank you Annette!
HOPE HEALS CAMPAIGN
As always, we appreciate you remembering Faith’s Lodge as you plan your holiday and end of the year charitable donations. Consider opening your hearts for Faith’s Lodge this holiday season with the Hope Heals campaign. Here are ways to give:
- Buy Seeds of Hope: Give the gift of hope this holiday season in honor of a loved one. Priced at $10/each, Seeds of Hope make a wonderful gift and are available online, at Faith’s Lodge, and at the Hope for the Holidays event. Click here to learn more and buy your seeds of hope.
- Give to the Max Day: Give early and give often on Thursday, November 14th. Frequency is the key, so tell your friends. Click here to go to our GiveMN page.
- Wine & Canvas “Heart with Art”: Are you an artist who also enjoys wine? Or either? Come out to Art and Canvas on Friday November 15th for a night of art with heart. A portion of the registration proceeds go to Faith’s Lodge. Click here for the Wine and Canvas calendar. Go to November 15th to register.
- Hope for the Holidays: The new holiday tribute event is still free to all on Sunday, November 17th at the Minneapolis Women’s Club. This year, we have author and speaker Richard Obershaw presenting “Cry until you laugh: Coping with grief over the Holidays”. The Twin Cities Gospel Choir will also be featured, memorializing the names of those gone too soon. Reserve your seat now!
- Giving Tuesday: You’ve heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Now we have “Giving Tuesday” on Tuesday, December 3rd. Remember your favorite charity over the holidays as you share your giving spirit. Better yet, set up a page and share it with your network! Click here to give or set up your own page.
- Memorials: Memorials are always in season. You can buy a wall stone or garden brick with a personalized message that will honor your loved one for many years to come. Click here for more information.
- DOUBLE Your Donation: Have you heard of employee matching gift programs? Does your company have a match? Corporate matching gift programs are charitable giving programs set up by corporations, in which the company matches donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. It can work for contributions of money or that of time as a volunteer. Click here to see if your company will double your donation.
Want to be more involved?
- Volunteer to make meals at the Lodge: Click here to get on the calendar.
- Provide items needed at the Lodge: Click here to see our Pinterest wish list.
- Volunteer for events: Click here to contact our volunteer coordinator.
- Rent the Lodge: Click here to contact us about renting Faith’s Lodge for your company retreat or family reunion.
Call the office any time at 612-825-2073 if you have questions, ideas, or want to learn more. While you’re at it, next time you call us, be sure to say hello to Lora Stamos, our new office assistant!